November 13th, 2008
|10:08 pm - Four Yays and a NOOOO!|
You know, I really am quite enjoying not having any more assignments to do this semester. (Yes, I still have an exam in a week. That's okay, I can deal with exams)
Amongst other things, it allowed me to both get sleep and see what assorted fandoms are up to.
As a result, I can give you the following:
Things about today (and the rest of the week) which are awesome
- You know that HP Lexicon wank that never ends? Guess what will (apparently) be having an appeal.
Apparently someone didn't want Twilight fandom to steal their epic wanking crown.
- Speaking of which, though I have absolutely no desire to ever spend any money whatsoever on anything at all related to the sparkly vampires, I cannot deny that Robert Pattinson and his complete willingness to say exactly what he thinks of said books and their author continue to make me LOL. And wonder how he gets away with it.
- A new chapter of FMA just came out! Which, even in my list of awesome things, wins a prize for being especially awesome. Even though you can tell it's getting awfully close to the end stages of the manga, the plot is kicking on, and I have so much love for the characters right now. All of them.
But especially Denny and Maria Ross who we haven't seen for ages, and Rebecca and her ice-cream truck of lulzy awesome, and Havoc with his l33t organisation skillz and cunning plan and shiny new beard. I was never a huge Havoc fan or anything - I never disliked or anything like that - but he's gone way up my awesome character list.
Also, can someone be writing fic where Havoc meets Barbara Gordon (as Oracle), plz?
- Something of a coming soon bit of awesome, that new Batman: Brave and the Bold cartoon. Which isn't quite the same sort of Batman as TDK, but I mean, look at that trailer! Doesn't that look like fun.
Also, it has Jaime Reyes (Blue Beetle) as a recurring character, and he automatically makes things more awesome. See what I mean?
However, that brings me to another topic.
Things about today which really suck
- Blue Beetle is getting cancelled.
My response? An epic NOOOOOO! Seriously, I have no other words. I can't decide if I should be full of emo or full of rage right now.
*goes to look for Blue Beetle icons*
ETA: And this is now a GIP on top of everything else. YOU CAN TAKE MY COMIC BOOK, BUT YOU CAN NEVER TAKE MY ICONS!
Current Mood: mixed
I am completely convinced RPattz is actively trying to get himself fired from the next two movies. It's the only reason I can see. Sadly, the poor man is far too popular with the fans for that to happen anytime soon. Meanwhile, I have to say he's really damn entertaining in all his scorn and disdain.
I would not actually be surprised if that was the case.
Which is especially ironic since his fans seem to freak him the fuck out.
The man has done pretty much everything he could to convey his discomfort - except perhaps shouting abuse at his fans. I think it's the perfect illustration of just how little influence a celebrity actually has once the hype starts and the collective fangirl hysteria takes off.
I feel so sorry for him, caught in the middle of a fangirl hurricane like that.
I look forward to the day when he actually gets to that point. The denial from the fans that it must be referring to those other people (since these ones couldn't possibly be called crazy) will be a thing of wonder.
I will see your NOOOOOO! and raise you a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! and a "Why weren't people reading it?!"
Your BB icons > my BB icon.
We should, like, force people to read it. THEN THEY WOULD UNDERSTAND IT'S AWESOMOCITY!
I went to find some shiny new ones. Having an actual comm - escarabajo_azul
|Date:||November 13th, 2008 10:10 pm (UTC)|| |
RPrattz has looked into the TwiAbyss and wants to get the hell out. I don't blame him really.
He looked into the abyss and was freaked the fuck out by what looked back?
Oh Goldie, your head is a strange and unexpected place.