?

Log in

No account? Create an account
*insert emo going away song here* - Eldritch Lacemaking and other Randomness

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

Links About Me
My Twitter
My Links Lists
My ff.net Profile (Just for the favourites list)

Places I Frequent:

Sporking and Mocking Comms
GAFF
Fandom Wank
The HMS STFU
HP Cornfield
My JF Flist

Fandom and Squeedom (Currently Doctor Who)
TV Tropes Wiki
Outpost Gallifrey
Freema Love
Scans Daily

Meet the Joneses (Comms I moderate)
Life On Martha - All your Martha Jones needs
Torchwood Coffee - Ianto!Love

January 9th, 2010


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
10:43 pm - *insert emo going away song here*
And I am now deficient one housemate, now that fa11ing_away has spread her wings for the distant shores of... New South Wales.

Okay, not that distant, but still. She has gone, *sniff* and The New Guy (Who is going to be referred to as such until I come up with a snappy nickname for him) has yet to actually move in, even if his bedroom furniture is down in the store room.

...Which means I am very shortly going to be the Token Female of the iPartment. I am not entirely certain how I feel about this. I must come up with a plot for making the boys my minions, since obviously I am the boss around here

On the plus side, most of the kitchen and living room stuff now belongs to me. And the dodgy washing machine. Thrilling, I know, but hey, more bookshelf space.

And in fannishness and a much more cheerful note, since FMA scanlations don't seem to be up yet and the episode with new OP and ED isn't until tomorrow, I give you THE RETURN OF BATZAKU! (Yes, remember that staggeringly brilliant idea I became enthralled with a few months ago?)

Courtesy of some random artist I found on DeviantArt. Also featuring Lelouch crushing Suzaku's dreams.
Current Mood: thoughtfulthoughtful

(6 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:robotlove
Date:January 10th, 2010 08:35 am (UTC)
(Link)
oh lawdy those comics (I don't quite get the yaoi parody one though - what is he asking the Light-like fellow to use? Also LOL frustration at always being the passive one, poor Lulu. *puts on the i-am-totally-not-guilty-of-that face*)

*pats*, for your loss of the housemate.
As for making sure who's boss: Learn from Lelouch, your prime example of... uh. commanding respect for his awsum majusty?
[User Picture]
From:drakyndra
Date:January 10th, 2010 09:06 am (UTC)
(Link)
I think the yaoi one has him geassing the artist to help him... and artist drawing a condom for him to use. The passive thing is only really a problem if people start applying it to his character outside the bedroom, 'cos I can totally buy it when it comes to just the sex part.

I get a replacement housemate soon! Just not yet. He needs to ring and say when he wants to move in, so I can hand over his set of keys.

Okay then! ...I need mind control powers, and a mask.
[User Picture]
From:robotlove
Date:January 10th, 2010 09:14 am (UTC)
(Link)
*Makes mask, but has no idea where you can find mind control powers. Perhaps you want to try calling up the local bio-chemical research plant and ask if they have any spare gas capsules containing shiny girls with green hair??*

Let's hope he's well-behaved ;D

In terms of character, I daresay Lelouch is generally more emotionally stable/steadier - maybe even MANLIER, minus those hilarious hand actions. Bedroom-wise though, uhm. As usual I'm going to point to something called S.T.A.M.I.N.A. His girly looks are also to blame. Though I don't see Suzaku being so AGGRESSIVE either, unless it's hatesex.
ETA: LOL yes, I *thought* it said condom but couldn't be sure. O Lulu u so fly~

Edited at 2010-01-10 09:17 am (UTC)
[User Picture]
From:drakyndra
Date:January 10th, 2010 09:32 am (UTC)

Why am I tl;dring about who tops?

(Link)
...Hmmm. Sounds like a plan. Should I practice my evil laugh?

I know him, I just haven't lived with him. And that can make a big difference - I got along with my sister much better when we don't live together, for example.

More emotionally stable, yes, but trust/intimacy issues hit right at Lelouch's weak point. He tends to hold people at arms length, either because he doesn't trust them, or push them away and lie to them "for their own good". And so he freaks out when people push past that barrier. Notice how in basically every romantic moment in canon, it's always the other making the first move, and Lelouch either freaks out and gets flustered, or is passive and just goes with it without any sign of reciprocation. Lelouch only acts first when he has ulterior motives, and it's more about manipulation than affection. And it's not so much that Suzaku is aggressive as that he's more emotionally demonstrative - he acts on what he's feeling instead of repressing. ...All that said, it depends on context, since it's not a clearly cut situation.

Edited at 2010-01-10 09:33 am (UTC)
[User Picture]
From:robotlove
Date:January 10th, 2010 10:16 am (UTC)

LOL methinks all of us do that at one time or another

(Link)
Yes, practice it just in case >D
But well, I hope things work fine!

Hmmm. I was referring more to Suzaku's expression in the fanart said parody used when I used the word "aggressive" - he does strike me as less repressive, though, now that you mention it. I always think that het/other pairings were a possibility for Lelouch; the issue with him (besides stamina) is that he simply had no time/no chance/was too busy a young man to bother about such things. Take Shirley, for instance. I'm sure that, given time, he could have learned to actually love her as a girlfriend, or come to realize that he actually did love her - but they were together for all of what, 1 day?
The potential is there, but yes I do suppose trust issues and/or "I can't drag them down with me" issues have... made things less possible in canon. Add this to the fact that Lelouch is very likely clueless when it comes to romantic issues anyway... Sometimes I even have to agree with other fans who say that he's almost asexual, heh.

oh look i tl;dred too \xD/
[User Picture]
From:drakyndra
Date:January 10th, 2010 10:38 am (UTC)

Re: LOL methinks all of us do that at one time or another

(Link)
MWAHAHAHA! Mine is an evil laugh!

Ending the strike tags, because I've had enough of them: I agree with, oh, pretty much everything you say there - Lelouch's lack of relationship is down to him being too busy, too focused on other things and too untrusting. Note how, of all three of the major potential love interests, they all find out about certain of his secrets (Zero, the prince thing etcetera), but not because he comes out and tells them. They all find out these things against his will, because for whatever reason, Lelouch doesn't trust them enough to openly tell them. I think it's possible for him to have had a relationship with someone, but I also think he'd probably keep a lot from them. And yeah, he falls into the category of "asexual because of excessive focus on something else", which a number of fictional characters have.

Incidentally, the trust thing interests me with Lelouch; one of the reasons I love the whole Zero Requiem plot is because after almost two seasons of Lelouch not trusting anyone outside a very small circle, it involves Lelouch placing his trust entirely in others. In Suzaku and Nunnally as leaders, but in people as a whole to do the right thing. Yay character development!

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com