?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Not actually a GIP, after all. - Eldritch Lacemaking and other Randomness

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

Links About Me
My Twitter
My Links Lists
My ff.net Profile (Just for the favourites list)

Places I Frequent:

Sporking and Mocking Comms
GAFF
Fandom Wank
The HMS STFU
HP Cornfield
My JF Flist

Fandom and Squeedom (Currently Doctor Who)
TV Tropes Wiki
Outpost Gallifrey
Freema Love
Scans Daily

Meet the Joneses (Comms I moderate)
Life On Martha - All your Martha Jones needs
Torchwood Coffee - Ianto!Love

February 9th, 2010


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
11:59 pm - Not actually a GIP, after all.
...Suddenly having two new icon spaces isn't really a good reason to get a new icon just because it makes me laugh uncontrollably, is it?

Also, I totally called it in other post about FMA scanlations. They don't make things better at all. ;_;

I almost teared up at Gracia trying to protect Elysia. And all those characters we know, from main ones like Winry to randoms with repeat appearances. It's horrible and tragic, and after the freaking epic Nightmare Fuel...

Someone claimed they've read that the ending will contain something that goes against equivalent exchange, and God I hope so. I know the good guys will win, and that they aren't going to have an entire country die... but how many main characters will to bring the rest back? *stress*

Incidentally, my suspicion that FMA is going to end with 108 chapters is increasing. Because, well, this has to be the darkest hour before the dawn.

On a lighter FMA related note, there is this post, for all your inappropriately lulzy greeting card needs. (There are chapter 104 spoilers in the comments, though).

And the promo trailer for the FMA:B dub. Which starts in the US on Valentine's Day.

And, now for something completely different: A meme I yoinked from ypaladinofchaos.

Leave a comment saying, "COMMENT" and I will give you five words I associate with you. Then post about what they mean to you, along with this, at your journal.

My answers are:

- Bat!Suzaku: Tut tut, Yami, you said it wrong, it's BATZAKU!. And it's all your fault, too - you just had to compare Suzaku to Batman when you were talking about your AU fanfic (Which I shall kindly pimp to the masses of my flist here), and I thus spent several hours giggling uncontrollably at the idea of Suzaku dressed as Batman. And trying to talk people into drawing it for me (With some success, even).

The sad part is that after I got over giggly hysterics of the idea, it actually seemed to make a bizarre sort of sense. (Zerozaku, for example, I think will be a bit more Batman - works with authority when they are fair, stoic and serious and not real chatty, ridiculously physically badass - then Lelouch's V style one)

- Suzaku/Lelouch/C.C.: It's because of this icon, right? But seriously, it's mostly that Suzaku/Lelouch relationship that is my favourite (however it is interpreted), and of the sort-of love interests Lelouch got, C.C. is the one whose relationship with him I liked most. (Yeah, I know word of God is that it wasn't a romance. I don't care; I'd rather ship Lelouch with someone he thinks of as an equal than someone he decides he should manipulate "for their own good".) And Suzaku and C.C. have that understanding of like minds. And then you get the entire Zero Requiem arc, which I love for all it could have shown more of their relationships with each other, in which these three people spend vast amounts of time working together, trusting each other implicitly to make things better, because they have so little left to lose. They're probably my three favourite of the Geass characters, working together for the one aim. How can I not love it?

- Australia: The land which is girt by sea. Because I've lived here all my life, and for all it's issues - and God knows there are issues here - I do love it. To be terrifically cheesy and rip off that Qantas commercial, no matter how many places I visit or where I go, I'll still call Australia home.

- TV Tropes: TV Tropes will ruin your life. Far, far too addictive for it's own good, and it is a sources of endless entertainment. Yeah, there are bits about it that bug me; it's a wiki, so anyone can edit, and it's got a lot of subjective opinions, many of which I disagree with entirely, and occasionally I find that certain sections that talk about fandom seem to distinctly under represent the female perspective of things A discussion I had with sabonasi the other day touched on this. But still, it's a highly useful timesuckresource that can be highly entertaining in it's better parts. Even if I had to resist using trope names in some of my Creative Writing classes last year.

- Crack: No, not that sort of crack. More the kind that is implied by crack!fic, or, you know, the entire Silver Age of comics. Things that are just completely and utterly ridiculous. Because, while I like things that make me think seriously, and I like things that make me feel (being the soppy thing I am, this normally means "cry"), there are times when I just want things that are unashamedly silly. Because they are enjoyable, and fun and make me laugh. I probably overuse the word a bit - it's so useful for describing something addictive but not entirely serious - but still...

I can't imagine how dull it must be to live a life without a healthy dose of the absurd.

Current Mood: awakeawake

(10 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:robotlove
Date:February 13th, 2010 10:46 am (UTC)
(Link)
Done this one before already, but what the heck. COMMENT! \o/

(and good grief, Yami's written A LOT. *Adds more to the MUSTREAD list*)
[User Picture]
From:drakyndra
Date:February 13th, 2010 12:01 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I really like this AU. The only problem with it is that it doesn't get updated often enough.

And five words for you, hmmm:
- Singapore, Casshern Sins I saw it at JB Hi-Fi and thought of you, Daddyzaku, fangirling, Anastasia.

I almost put "male lactation" on that list. BE GRATEFUL I DIDN'T.
[User Picture]
From:robotlove
Date:February 13th, 2010 06:21 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I think the idea was to put all his AUs and Post-R2 fics on that list; I just keep forgetting the names and... there seem to be 2 or 3 or more.

GUESS WHAT. I ENDED UP TALKING ABOUT IT ANYWAY *FACEPALM*
[User Picture]
From:drakyndra
Date:February 14th, 2010 02:28 am (UTC)
(Link)
Well, his last WIP finished up last year, so as far as I am aware this is the only ongoing fic he is writing (excluding possible one-shots).

AHAHAHA! Oh dear.
[User Picture]
From:ypaladinofchaos
Date:February 14th, 2010 05:01 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'm trying! *sobs*

I'm pretty sure I'd update faster if God took away my Magic cards and Xbox. And probably my internet.

I mean... I'm totally working hard on the next chapters and not dicking around or anything.
[User Picture]
From:drakyndra
Date:February 14th, 2010 05:07 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Is this the cue to start quoting Yoda at you?

Oh gods, he's yet another Magic player. No wonder.

I'm totally working hard on the next chapters and not dicking around or anything.

You just keep telling yourself that, sweetie. *sends pointed looks in your direction*
[User Picture]
From:ypaladinofchaos
Date:February 14th, 2010 07:51 pm (UTC)
(Link)
As long as I don't get my hand cut off. I need that. For writing.

Hey, just because I happen to spend enough money on cardboard than most people spend on groceries in a month doesn't meant anything.

Well, I've planned things... just kind of need to type them down.
[User Picture]
From:drakyndra
Date:February 15th, 2010 02:29 am (UTC)
(Link)
What would I do with an amputated hand, anyway?

Sometimes I think Magic is part of someone's evil world domination plan. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it can't be a good thing.

Yes. Yes, you do.
[User Picture]
From:ypaladinofchaos
Date:February 15th, 2010 04:14 am (UTC)
(Link)
Obtuse reference to when Luke gets his hand cut off.

If it is, it's an awesome way of doing things. I'd almost say it is to me what chess is to Lelouch, but really, nothing compares to Lelouch and chess.
[User Picture]
From:drakyndra
Date:February 15th, 2010 04:47 am (UTC)
(Link)
Oh, I got that. It's just what happens to the hand after I was wondering about.

I'd almost say it is to me what chess is to Lelouch, but really, nothing compares to Lelouch and chess.

...Because nothing else uses moves that would make absolutely no sense in the real world. (I joke, I joke. But it's true)


> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com