August 6th, 2011
|11:42 pm - BRB, playing God|
Should have posted earlier, but I got distracted by things. Whoops.
Anyway, placement started back up again yesterday - though, since I am at the same place as last semester, there was nothing too drastically changed now. (Time-tables are mildly different, though) I do have to adjust to the early mornings, mind, what with having arranged my lectures to prevent that sort of silliness this time around.
Plus planning for my lessons in the block.
Any ideas for creative writing folio tasks for Year 8, or Macbeth for Year 11?
And then in the evening I went to FAS's Sugar Ball at Uni, because everyone could use some good old fashioned party games and tubes of sherbet. And people dressed up as all sorts of things (Sadly, having come from placement I was unable to be costumified).
It finished with stomping on balloons!
Oh, and an amusing quote from a tute I was at earlier in the week: "Can girls be wizards, or is it a male dominated industry?"
I also seem to have somehow once more gained a backlog of things to link to. No idea how that happened.
- If Famous Thinkers quoted Herald Sun readers. Oh, the contrast.
- A piece of Harry Potter fanart which I am rather fond of. It's a clever parallel they make there.
- Book reviews demystified. So you can understand what people really mean when they call a book "ambitious" or "fully realized".
- A Mariachi Band serenades a Beluga whale. The whale decides to groove along.
- Live Action Pokemon Trailer. Yes, it's a fan-film, but damn.
Oh man, grim and gritty Pokemon.
- Bollywood Dancing to the NyanCat music. It's actually sort of scary how well that works.
- When Harry Potter spells are pronounced wrong... As animated by some guy who works for Dreamworks, which is just plain nifty. It also has a Making Of video.
- HELL TETRIS. It's like playing Tetris, but incredibly painful. (Yes, it is a flash game inspired by an xkcd comic)
- Build your own Solar System. Yes, you too can now play God! And it is fun. (Even when your planets crash into the sun. Or especially when your planets crash into the sun.)
I have actually on occasion gotten my planets to develop life. Once I even managed two planets that did
And then one of them crashed into the sun.
In other news, I have decided I wish to read a fanfic crossing over Dresden Files and the Chrestomanci Chronicles. That is all.
Current Mood: busy
|Date:||August 6th, 2011 10:16 pm (UTC)|| |
Thanks for the links - especially the funny videos. Bit of cheering up is always nice.
I think the combination of Bollywood dancing and Nyancat is almost an overdose of cheerfulness. EXCESSIVE PERKINESS!
Loved these -- especially the Mariachi/Beluga one, HELL TETRIS, and the Build you own Solar Systems ones. :)
Crashing planets into the sun is fun! (Though I felt rather sorry for the planet that had developed life before crashing.)