?

Log in

No account? Create an account
"A completely new man..." - Eldritch Lacemaking and other Randomness

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

Links About Me
My Twitter
My Links Lists
My ff.net Profile (Just for the favourites list)

Places I Frequent:

Sporking and Mocking Comms
GAFF
Fandom Wank
The HMS STFU
HP Cornfield
My JF Flist

Fandom and Squeedom (Currently Doctor Who)
TV Tropes Wiki
Outpost Gallifrey
Freema Love
Scans Daily

Meet the Joneses (Comms I moderate)
Life On Martha - All your Martha Jones needs
Torchwood Coffee - Ianto!Love

July 8th, 2006


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
08:58 pm - "A completely new man..."
And Doctor Who has now hit Australia, hurrah!

It was nice to see TCI, no matter how many times I had already watched it - but not since the new series had started for real, interestingly.

Which meant I noticed how a lot of lines that I didn't pay a lot of attention to at the time seem to have taken on a completely new light. Particularly from Rose.

That, and situations - Torchwood seems very different once you know a bit more about it.

Still love the episode, mind, though the first half seems a lot slower than I originally found it.

(11 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:msgenevieve
Date:July 8th, 2006 11:19 am (UTC)
(Link)
How sad am I that I squeed out loud (am home alone, thank goodness) at the mere sight of the promo that played half-way through the ABC news?
[User Picture]
From:drakyndra
Date:July 8th, 2006 11:21 am (UTC)
(Link)
That's the first time I have turned the television on for months. Literally.

But I had at least three people on MSN tell me they had seen a promo when they first started (Hey, my obsession is well known...)
[User Picture]
From:msgenevieve
Date:July 8th, 2006 11:25 am (UTC)
(Link)
I hadn't seen any other promos, despite my best efforts, and we quite often have the ABC on for other things. So seeing this one made me go all giggly, lol.
[User Picture]
From:lotus79
Date:July 8th, 2006 11:32 am (UTC)
(Link)
Ooh, I'd forgotten that was on. *switches to ABC just in time*

I wonder why I'm bothering though, since the reception is shit and I have it on my puta.
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]
From:drakyndra
Date:July 8th, 2006 11:56 am (UTC)
(Link)
See? There's a reason I fangirl the show, you know.
[User Picture]
From:left_of_centre
Date:July 8th, 2006 11:46 am (UTC)
(Link)
=D You seem like a very very very very VERY cool person, AND you are friends with breo_saighit, which makes you even cooler, and therefore you are EXTREMELY COOL, and I am adding you. Feel free to add back if you want (just ignore my last 3 posts because it's nothing but squeeing - which I haven't done at ALL for AGES! I swear! It's a recent indulgence!).
Well, now you think I'm weird. Oopsies.

Oh, and as a Doctor Who Almost-Virgin (I saw a few of the old school eps last year) can I just say that my impressions of the new adventures? Very high. =D Although I agree with you that the first bit seemed a bit slow - all, "Oh Noes! The Doctor Is Asleep! We Are Doomed!" for 20 mins. Oh well.
[User Picture]
From:drakyndra
Date:July 8th, 2006 11:59 am (UTC)
(Link)
Sure friend me away. I may or may not friend you back right away - I tend to wait a little while before I friend people back, so I can get an idea of what they are like.

Yes, Doctor Who is lots of fun. Though make note that I am a downloader, so I'm current with the UK episodes, and way ahead of here, so there may be spoilers for upcoming episodes around. Just to let you know ;)
[User Picture]
From:sparklechick268
Date:July 8th, 2006 11:12 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Ah, I know exactly what you mean. Even after watching it so many times, it felt different knowing it was actually on the TV and so many others were watching. Oh, and the fact that there'll be so many more people I can talk about it to who I forced into watching and sent many reminders by text to 10 minutes before.

When I heard her say Torchwood, I just rolled my eyes. They've overdone it this year. Bad Wolf was good, but the Torchwood references have all been so blindingly obvious that it ruins it to some degree. Sure, this one actually had a reason and was the first S2 reference, but I'm sick of it. [/rant]

I agree. It does seem a lot slower to begin with. But still - *SQUEE!*
[User Picture]
From:drakyndra
Date:July 9th, 2006 01:57 am (UTC)
(Link)
Hey, if you look above, my friend tinyteddyqueen who has been making fun of my Doctor Who obsession for months has now gone and asked where she can download it, so it's definitely causing things to change.

And I don't mind the Torchwood thing quite so much. I think the one in Tooth and Claw was overdone, but it's setting out to do something different than Bad Wolf, so it had a different set-up, and we knew to watch out for it this time.
[User Picture]
From:sparklechick268
Date:July 9th, 2006 02:03 am (UTC)
(Link)
Yeah, the fandom sure is expanding. Rather nice, isn't it?

I guess. Knowing kind of does take the fun out of it. I just wish they were a bit more subtle. As you say, Tooth and Claw was majorly overdone. I can't believe they managed to fit that many references to it in less that 30 seconds!
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]
From:drakyndra
Date:July 10th, 2006 03:46 am (UTC)
(Link)
Watch a bit more, then you'll see.

And the Tennantdom - most people who are involved in the fandomhave a favourite Doctor, yes? And it's quite often the first they see. Tennant wasn't the first I saw, but he was the first I... latched onto properly, if that makes sense. He was the current Doctor when I went from being someone who just watched the show to a big fan.

Also, he's good-looking, which is like icing on the cake.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com