July 28th, 2006
|10:06 pm - Dipping into Old School|
So, in a Doctor Who disc swap (Don't ask...) I asked for a random Old School DVD and got given... The Five Doctors.
I'm ten minutes into it, and whee! It makes no sense, and the special effects are incredibly dodgy, but damn it's fun.
Also, it keeps giving me flashbacks - well, flash-forwards, technically - to New Who episodes.
*runs off to watch more*
- Why the hell is there a road in the Death Zone?
- Two and the Brigadier are love. Srsly.
- But I don't like fake!One. I want the real One back.
- That was a seriously dodgy ankle twist, Susan.
- The Raston Warrior Robot is crack in a silver leotard. I want one.
- ...Did Three just cop a feel of Sarah Jane?
- Fake!Zoe is wearing a bubble-wrap dress. A bubble-wrap dress! *dies*
- I heart Borusa's goth!evil!outfit.
- "Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow!" *cheers*
- "Immortality is a curse." O_O Now that's familiar.
- Two and Three fighting is the Best. Thing. Ever. I love them both.
- I love how at the end the Doctor just flees after being made President. Seriously awesome.
- I love my cracktastic show. Seriously. Even when it is bad, it's endlessly entertaining.
|Date:||July 28th, 2006 01:01 pm (UTC)|| |
Have you ever watched the First Doctor? We watched the first story arc a couple weeks ago. It was truly bizarre and the Doctor very unlikeable. He was pretty much the polar opposite of the current Doctor persona.
We're planning to skip ahead to Third Doctor next.
The first story arc? That's the Unearthly Child, right?
He gets nicer later on - I saw The Dalek Invasion of Earth a while back, and he was nice there.
And do tell me your thoughts.
|Date:||July 28th, 2006 03:25 pm (UTC)|| |
Yep, Unearthly Child and the three that came after to complete the story. Basically, the Doctor was just a crotchety old xenophobe. He freaks out like a big freaky out thing, advocates killing off the people they encounter, and gets saved by the two lovely teachers whom he kidnapped in the Tardis so that they wouldn't reveal his identity. And the granddaughter basically squealed and panicked the whole way through.
Sorry, hope that wasn't too spoilery.
We were planning to watch The Dalek Invasion of Earth, just to see how it all began. I'm happy to hear it should be better.
He did get a bit nicer later on. He was apparently even nastier in the first version they shot of the first episode, but they reshot it to make him a bit nicer.
But he lightens up in later series.
And DIoE isn't the first Dalek story - that'd be The Daleks, which is the very next story after the one you saw, I believe.
|Date:||July 28th, 2006 04:52 pm (UTC)|| |
Hmmmm, we may have to stick with First Doctor after all. For a whiole, anyway.
I do love that the Doctors seem to get younger with every regeneration.
Oh, I agree, it is a fun tendancy.