October 3rd, 2004
|07:46 pm - Tales from the Other Side|
And as is probably rather obvious right now, I am back from my school holidays.
Sorry to be so MIA, but I was online a grand total of one time over the last two weeks, and am thus really behind on everything that is going on with everyone else. So please, feel free to update me on any vital information.
And a few snippets of stuff from the last two weeks
- Got to the Fforde signing! Yayness! It was quite entertaining, AND I got to meet one of my favourite authors. Also got to meet aeque albeit briefly (and was mentioned for it on the Fforum). Sorry that I had to take off so quickly, but I went to see The Producers after that. BTW, I highly recommned the show - it was hilarious. Bert Newton as a Nazi! *snerk* And Leo Bloom was such a sweetie.
- Whilst in Melbourne, I also bought some more Pratchett books, bringing my grand total to 17 of them. And it will be 18 when I get Going Postal. The wait is killing me!
- Also saw A Midsummer's Night Dream, which was also good (I saw it in the caves at Naracoorte) It was very interesting, mainly because I knew several people in it from my previous school, or from my Dance concerts.
- Managed to watch a lot of DVDs (and listened to commentaries - I love them), which wasn't really very educational, but what the hell.
- My sister and I managed to also get back in touch with our Sci-Fi geek roots, what with all the watching of Futurama, and the day I spent watching her Star Wars videos. (Note to self: must buy the DVD set) Sis also revealed her plans to buy the Farscape DVDs with the money from her new job.
- And had two practice exams today. And my Indo Oral REAL exam tomorrow. *stress*
Oh, yeah, someone I don't know has gone and friended me. Care to introduce yourself, random stranger?
Current Mood: stressed
Current Music: Australian Idol on TV *groan*
|Date:||October 3rd, 2004 03:32 am (UTC)|| |
"Oh God, you're alive! I mean, thank God you're alive!" - Professor Farnsworth
I was going to make a welcome back post on mine, but seeing that you've already posted, there doesn't seem to be any point.
When did you first think I was me at the signing? When I stumbled in late, or when my sister's phone went off?
I was lloking around for you when I got there, but no-one seemed to fot the description you gave. Then you turned up (like you said in cargos - very different what with the sea of jeans) and I had a feeling. I wasn't sure though, which is why I asked just as I was leaving.
|Date:||October 5th, 2004 01:29 am (UTC)|| |
I thought you must have had a hunch, because you kept looking in my direction.
Then I remembered that you had said your hair was shoulder length, and guessed that the person looking at me was you.
I loved it when you involuntarily squeaked at the mention of Pratchett...
Well at least my hair is recognisable. Which reminds me, I really must go and get it cut again soon...
The Pratchett thing is due to my all abiding love for everything Terry Pratchett has ever written. I have loved his books since I was about 12 years old, and even my friends who have completely different taste in books (poetry, depressive existencial stuff and romance novels *shudder*) are aware of my obsession. I was very disappointed Jasper said he hadn't read them - I was initially hooked on the Thursday Next after I saw a reccommendation from Pratchett on the front cover.
|Date:||October 5th, 2004 04:19 am (UTC)|| |
I know little to nothing about the books, too.
I saw some of the Discworld cartoon, but never really understood it.
You shall have to start reading them, won't you?
And the cartoon didn't make all that much sense unless you had actually read the book it was based on - I didn't read the book to afterwards, and it sort of made things more understandable.
And now I want to see the cartoon again!