April 5th, 2005
|10:38 pm - Burn, baby, burn!|
Okay. Dinner today was just... wrong. First there was soup that had been burnt. Burnt soup. Yes, that's right, burnt soup. That's just...bizarre. Then (after a so-so main) for dessert we had what was (supposedly) Sago and Fruit. The fact I use the phrase "supposedly" says all you need to know. It was that wrong.
Oh, and Rossi the IH cats was lurking around the Dining Hall. *loffs Rossi* Yes, I am cat deprived - I miss my babies back home.
Anyhoo, as for other stuff:
Spent time with 2nd-floorian peoples, so shall have to join up that LJ community - I have friended some too. Got on a long side track with Darren and Hespa (sp?) to go buy material for a cloak.
I want a cloak! *pouts*
Some 2nd floor quotes:
Tristan: "You'll never guess what I found in my pants!"
Tristan: "He's Paul...I mean, Peter.
(to Peter) I keep thinking you're a Paul. You have the hair of a Paul."
And after the Soup of Doom, From a random to someone on table duty:
"I have insurance, right."
Oh, and just because I was talking about it today: The Meme
1. Queue up your mp3 player on shuffle.
2. List the first twenty songs that come up, adding "in my pants" to the end of each.
3. Post in your journal.
And I got *drumroll*:
1. Burnout In My Pants - Green Day (Sounds... painful)
2. Just Because In My Pants - Jane's Addiction
3. Whoever You Are In My Pants - Geggy Tah (*dies laughing*)
4. Learn To Fly In My Pants - Foo Fighters
5. Burn In My Pants - Alex Lloyd
6. Prosthetic Head In My Pants - Green Day (So very, very wrong...)
7. Ballad Of The Skeletons In My Pants - Allen Ginsberg (*mind boggles*)
8. 15 Feet Of Pure White Snow In My Pants - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
9. I Ran In My Pants - Jebediah (This just makes me giggle)
10. Wake Me Up When September Ends In My Pants - Green Day
11. Lock And Load In My Pants - The Mess Hall
12. Sleep In My Pants - Alex Lloyd (Sort of sweet, really)
13. Nowadays/Hot Honey Rag In My Pants - Chicago Soundtrack (*winces at name*)
14. She's Your Blood Type In My Pants - Motor Ace
15. I'll Be Yours In My Pants - Placebo
16. No One Else In My Pants - Weezer (How lonely. </sarcasm>)
17. Aftertaste In My Pants - Ben Lee
18. Get Free In My Pants - The Vines
19. Rhythm Of The Night In My Pants - Valeria
20. Inward Singing In My Pants - Tenacious D (WTF?)
Oh, and I tried in one more time to see what I got, and it wasn't quite as entertaining, except for one song: Place Your Hands In My Pants - Reef
Resistance is futile! You shall be assimilated!!
Consider yourself attacked, friended and under serveilence
Heh, here's hoping you mean a second floorer ;) You're already scarily similar to me in tastes
Yes, it's true! I am actually your long lost twin sister!
Hmm.... my twin sister despite being younger than me.. temporal paradox? Oroberos? I dont buy it... plus I've got longer hair than you.
By the way, do you use MSN?
Maybe... I lied about my age?
And what has hair got to do with anything?
Oh, and I have MSN, but I haven't used it for ages. (Long story - it got me banned from the internet at home) But gimme a few minutes, and all should be dandy.
Hmm... lied is possible... but I'm still skeptical..
And hair has nothing to do with it, I'm being crazy ;)
Nonononono, *you* joined *my* club ;)
I tell you though, showers are good, but yeesh hair can hold a lot of water, I recon I could fill a swimming pool when I wring it out!
How bout we both joined each others clubs?
And the hair thing - one reason I cut it short 2 years ago
Wow, a quote about me! I wonder what sort of hair I should have to avoid confusing Tristan.
Obviously, the hair of a Peter.
I like a lot of alternative music - I have most of the Triple J Hottest 100 CDs, so lotsa songs from them. As well as my large Green Day Collection (Big Green Day fan - though I prefer their new stuff)
And Jasper Fforde just rocks my world. It is my special Obscure Fandom that even most Fantasy types don't know. The signing last year rocked!
Jasper is God.
Oh, and American Idiot is such a freaking amazing CD - my sister even made me burn it for her, which is strange as our taste in music is ratehr different.
Yay! More friending!
|Date:||April 17th, 2005 12:47 am (UTC)|| |
"The signing last year rocked!"
It was pretty fun - apart from the evil looks I got when the mobile I was carrying went off. And the evil looks I got when I came in late.
Coincidently I was in the same Dymocks a couple of days ago, looking for a book. They didn't have it.
Yay for evil looks! Though there were some great comments from the crowd - I do believe my favourite was a girl who came up with the collective noun for randoms: A Banana of Randoms.
And I go to that Dymocks quite frequently, to buy books for my Lit class when the STUPID Uni bookstore keeps SELLING OUT of the damn things.
|Date:||April 17th, 2005 05:19 pm (UTC)|| |
Well, that Dymocks does seem to stock Phillip Pullman's better books.
(The Ruby in the Smoke, The Shadow in the North, etc)
I have not read those, so couldn't comment on them.