Anyhoo, Stuff What Happened Today was:
- I got a lovely new Doctor Who Series Three moodtheme, courtesy of teh_fahrbot. And while I was doing it, I actually went and updated my profile for the first time in ages.
That said, I didn't change much. Just got the facts straight.
- Doctor Who Magazine arrived. Nothing devastatingly new and exciting, but still, it's new reading matter and shiny pictures.
- Some time and the Vic Market. Didn't actually end up buying anything, but it was still nice for a look around.
- Toddled into the city, and at Minotaur managed to pick up a brand spanking new copy of Making Money. Which was a nice surprise, since I was looking for something completely different there. (Yes, it was insanely overpriced getting it at Minotaur. What the hell, I'm paying the extra for immediacy and spoiler freedom).
- Gotted myself a new iPod. 80 gig iPod classic, to be exact. It's all shiny and black and thus I have named it "Darth". It is being synced up with all my music as I type.
- And then I went and saw Stardust. Which I actually quite liked, though I think it'll be more fun with some of my friends. Still quite nice, though, and I now really need to read that one of Gaiman's stories.
One mildly spoilery thought, though. Is it just me, or is the character arc for Tristan and Richard from Neverwhere - and their respective romances with the lead female characters - exactly the same. I mean, Richard's is more urban fantasy, while Tristan's has more a traditional fairy-tale style, but it's pretty much the same character arc, and the same love story again.
I'm not saying this is a bad thing, (insert comment about there being only 8 plots in existence here), just that I found the similarities insanely obvious now I think about it
And now I am going to go read Making Money. Because it's a new Pratchett, dammit!