October 7th, 2007
|08:45 am - Possibly not the smartest thing I've ever done.|
I may have, sorta kinda been up all night watching the rest of Fullmetal Alchemist. And now I has finished watching it all.
And now, I Can Haz Recs Plz?
For those on my flist at all involved in the fandom, I'd like to hear suggestions for iconposts/iconmakers, comms, fanart, fanvids, and of course, fanfic.
I'm pretty much open to recs, since I'm not exactly coming into this fandom which much by preconceptions, though I'll admit to the preferences for the following, since they are currently what I'd like to read most.
For some reason, this fandom seems to have ended like Star Wars for me, and I'm feeling a distinct desire to keep things to mostly genfic, or at least to canon-ships and only light subtext.
Though, given the amount of characters with supremely messed up family issues and, you know, canon shape-shifters, darkfic dealing with said issues could possibly be welcome.
Of particular interest:
- Post movie fic with Ed and Al. Either them in our world at any point in their lives
and boy, is that just waiting for Doctor Who crossovers, or the inevitable they get back to their own world fic. Short character stuff, long plotty stuff, whatever.
- Ed stuff set between the end of the series in the movie.
- Pretty much anything with Ed. What can I say, I love the character.
- ...But especially dealing with Ed and Al, and the whole brotherly love deal (Not in the incest way. I can understand where the ship comes from, I just prefer to read it as being, well, brotherly)
- On that subject, anything whatsoever with Hohenheim. Because he was freaking fascinating, and I want more. Especially between the series and the movie, dealing with Ed.
- While I'm on the subject of other interesting characters, Mustang's crew as a group. Because the bunch of them is such fun.
- Good AUs. I love a good plotty AU.
- Funny stuff. Humourous oneshots always entertain me.
...I'll probably add more stuff to this list as I think of it.
Icons would probably very appreciated, though. I want more
Current Mood: tired
I still have a vague crossover plotbunny in my head about Jack coming across Ed&Al at some point post-movie. But I need to think of a plot first, and then get around to actually writing it, too. And it's way back in the queue of ideas. :-(
You know, I would so read that.
Fic wise, aside from the links I dumped on you last time, could I
sneakily pimp my own FMA fic
? (I wouldn't normally do this, but some of it does fit what you're interested in.
The big archives, Scimitar Smile
and Touka Koukan
are good places to find fic, and because they aren't open archives, the quality level is quite good.
For icons: calad
. (Mind you, these are from when I was still active in the fandom, which is a couple of years back.)
For vids it gets a bit trickier, because most of them are stored at animemusicvideos.org, which you need to register for. But if you don't mind the hassle, there are quite a few good FMA ones hosted there.
Ta, I shall look into that stuff as I have time. (Am currently reading online version of the Manga. Up to Chapter 55 so far)