First shout out is to my dear Mum, who I have found is still actually reading this thing. No wonder she never rings - she already knows just what is going on in my life.
On the subject of which, she went and rang me today for the first time in ages, and it isn't anything deep at all. Oh, no. My mother rings me for once and she wants to ask me...how to fix the VCR. How to fix the freaking VCR. So she can watch her Amazing Race tapes, of all things.
Gee, don't I feel loved? My only contact with my family is when they need my help with the freaking electronics in my room.
Anyhoo, the other shout out is to aeque. Just for being so damnably persistant in working out that fandom meme. Just for convenience, I have all the results here:
1. Harry Potter - Harry, from aeque. Because I can't help but love a hero, especially a tragic angsty ones. And I just can't help but feel sorry for the poor dear.
2. Star Wars - Luke Skywalker, from aeque. See No #1 for most of my reasons, but I have adored Luke for ages. And the ending of RotJ...with him and Vader and the Emperor...quite possibly my favourite film moment ever.
3. Discworld - Death, from aeque. Because Death just rocks. Though I must say, he does share the honour with Vetinari, who I find oddly fascinating - but you gotta love a man with power, eh?
4. Buffy - Spike, from neo_leviathan. Because he is just so wonderfully snarky and sarcastic, but also a real sweetheart (though he'd never admit it) Also, he's just so damn sexy!
5. Futurama - Zapp Brannigan, from aeque. Oh, Zapp cracks me up so much. A complete and arrogant bastard, but so completely stupid you can't help but laugh at him.And source of some of the best quotes ever...
6. Red Dwarf - Rimmer, from aeque. Funniest guy in the show. And he is just such a bastard. Though I utterly adore Ace - who is technically the same guy when you get down to it. What a guy!
7. Good Omens - Crowley, from neo_leviathan. Another of the wonderfully sarcastic types, as well as being the coolest guy ever.
8. Thursday Next books - Emperor Zhark, from aeque. Cos Zhark is just so funny. A slightly stupid sort of book villian (which is what he's supposed to be - very cliche), but he just cracks me up hugely, especially when he plays innocent.
9. Pirates of the Caribbean - Captain Jack Sparrow, from neo_leviathan. Not only is Johnny Depp my favourite actor, but he makes such a wonderfully unique and funny character, who just steals the whole show. And another of the incredibly good looking types *sigh*...
10. Dogma - The Metatron, from saikogrrl. The funniest guy in the entire movie, which is saying something considering how brilliant it really is. And just so sweet and snarky and freaking amazing. And that voice...