April 23rd, 2005
|10:38 pm - Put your hands up and SHOUT!|
And just a few random shout-outs today, because I was feeling bored.
First shout out is to my dear Mum, who I have found is still actually reading this thing. No wonder she never rings - she already knows just what is going on in my life.
On the subject of which, she went and rang me today for the first time in ages, and it isn't anything deep at all. Oh, no. My mother rings me for once and she wants to ask me...how to fix the VCR. How to fix the freaking VCR. So she can watch her Amazing Race tapes, of all things.
Gee, don't I feel loved? My only contact with my family is when they need my help with the freaking electronics in my room.
Anyhoo, the other shout out is to aeque. Just for being so damnably persistant in working out that fandom meme. Just for convenience, I have all the results here:
1. Harry Potter - Harry, from aeque. Because I can't help but love a hero, especially a tragic angsty ones. And I just can't help but feel sorry for the poor dear.
2. Star Wars - Luke Skywalker, from aeque. See No #1 for most of my reasons, but I have adored Luke for ages. And the ending of RotJ...with him and Vader and the Emperor...quite possibly my favourite film moment ever.
3. Discworld - Death, from aeque. Because Death just rocks. Though I must say, he does share the honour with Vetinari, who I find oddly fascinating - but you gotta love a man with power, eh?
4. Buffy - Spike, from neo_leviathan. Because he is just so wonderfully snarky and sarcastic, but also a real sweetheart (though he'd never admit it) Also, he's just so damn sexy!
5. Futurama - Zapp Brannigan, from aeque. Oh, Zapp cracks me up so much. A complete and arrogant bastard, but so completely stupid you can't help but laugh at him.And source of some of the best quotes ever...
6. Red Dwarf - Rimmer, from aeque. Funniest guy in the show. And he is just such a bastard. Though I utterly adore Ace - who is technically the same guy when you get down to it. What a guy!
7. Good Omens - Crowley, from neo_leviathan. Another of the wonderfully sarcastic types, as well as being the coolest guy ever.
8. Thursday Next books - Emperor Zhark, from aeque. Cos Zhark is just so funny. A slightly stupid sort of book villian (which is what he's supposed to be - very cliche), but he just cracks me up hugely, especially when he plays innocent.
9. Pirates of the Caribbean - Captain Jack Sparrow, from neo_leviathan. Not only is Johnny Depp my favourite actor, but he makes such a wonderfully unique and funny character, who just steals the whole show. And another of the incredibly good looking types *sigh*...
10. Dogma - The Metatron, from saikogrrl. The funniest guy in the entire movie, which is saying something considering how brilliant it really is. And just so sweet and snarky and freaking amazing. And that voice...
|Date:||April 23rd, 2005 08:07 pm (UTC)|| |
Good, I finally got them. And if you read the paper today, you probably already know that Daniel Radcliffe has a house in Toorak.
I haven't watched any of the current Amazing Race. There's meant to be a really mean guy on it, but he can't be as mean as the midget's cousin was last time.
I saw that. And I'd probably go do the creepy stalker thing, except I am rather more a book than movie fan, and Radcliffe I find vaguely annoying.
And the Amazing Race guy - Jonathon - is like the spawn of freaking Satan. He is like 2 millimetres away from abusing his wife on international TV and every time he made it into the next round, I got really furious.
I just loathe him utterly, because he's the sort of spoilt chauvanist bastard that shouldn't exist in the modern world.
|Date:||April 24th, 2005 05:19 pm (UTC)|| |
Sounds pretty bad. It was a shame the models didn't win last season - I liked them because of their distinct modelness.
Is modelness a real word?
|Date:||April 25th, 2005 04:19 am (UTC)|| |
Think of it this way: would a model use it?
Meanwhile, the models suspiciously had their titles changed in the last couple of episodes - from "Dating Models" to "Dating Christians"...
The best team was probably the mothers - they managed to hang in for ages.
Sweetheart, if I used the sort of words a model would use, I'd have failed English last year.
And from models to Christians? Now that is a big jump.
|Date:||April 26th, 2005 02:25 am (UTC)|| |
Nah, they were always hardcore Christians, but it was just easy to ignore. Apart from the whole "pretend Jesus is at the top of the mountain" thing they had going towards the end...
I hope those two from Survivor in the next series (now showing in America) don't win - they've already won $1 million from Survivor, and it seems a little greedy to go for another. I think they've made the final four, too.
Jesus on top of a mountain? Riiiight.
And there is no way in hell people with $1 million dollars should get any more money. Unles they give it to me. ;)