December 9th, 2008
|10:12 pm - It's been a while since my last meme sheepage|
Because like half my flist was doing it. Also, I need better Australia icons
1. Heard a kookaburra in person
2. Slept under the stars (I think so, anyway. I've definitely slept under a tarp)
3. Seen a koala (At one point there was one living in out garage)
4. Visited Melbourne (Um, duh)
5. Watched a summer thunderstorm
6. Worn a pair of thongs (And all the Americans reading snicker)
7. Been to Uluru (Ayer's Rock).
8. Visited Cape York
9. Held a snake (The Sister had one as a pet, actually)
10. Sang along with Khe San
11. Drank VB (Sipped from Dad's stubby. I hate beer, by the way)
12. Visited Sydney
13. Have seen a shark
14. Have used Aussie slang naturally in a conversation (When one grows up on a farm, it's hard not to)
15. Had an actual conversation with an indigenous Australian (aboriginal).
16. Eaten hot chips from the bag at the beach
17. Walked/climbed over the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
18. Used an outside dunny, and checked under the seat before sitting down (When you've used toilets at some of the places I've been , it's generally considered to be smart)
19. Seen Chloe in Young & Jackson's.
20. Slept on an overnight train or bus (Arriving at like 3am is overnight, right?)
21. Been to Sydney's Mardi Gras
22. Have gone bush-bashing (*ironic laugh*)
23. Taken a sickie
24. Been to see a game of Aussie Rules football
25. Have seen wild camels
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Had a Tim Tam Slam
28. Ridden in a tram in Melbourne (AHAHAHA! Oh wait, serious question)
29. Been at an ANZAC day Dawn Service. (Well, not Dawn services)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Held a wombat (Fuck no, those things are dangerous)
32. Been on a roadtrip of 800km or more
33. Seen the Great Australian Bight in person
34. Had a really bad sunburn
35. Visited an aboriginal community
36. Seen a redback spider
37. Have watched Paul Hogan
38. Seen Blue Poles in person
39. Wandered barefoot in the bush/outback (Briefly, though. And only on paths. Yes, I know, not smart)
40. Eaten Vegemite
41. Thrown a boomerang (It didn't come back :()
42. Seen the Kimberlies
43. Given a hitch-hiker a lift
44. Been to Perth
45. Have tried Lemon, Lime and Bitters (...It's like my default drink)
46. Tried playing a didgeridoo (And failed miserably)
47. Seen dinosaur footprints
48. Eaten Tim Tams
49. Been to Darwin
50. Touched a kangaroo
51. Visted the Great Barrier Reef
52. Listened to Kevin Bloody Wilson (I probably have, but only in a Dad has the radio on background way, so I can't recall)
53. Killed a Cane Toad
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre
55. Have read and own books by Australian authors
56. Visited Adelaide
57. Know the story behind "Eternity" (I may have cheated - I looked it up earlier, not realising the comments were to do with the meme)
58. Been camping
59. Visited Brisbane
60. Been in an outback pub (Define Outback. Country pub, yes)
61. Know what the term "Waltzing Matilda" actually means
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Listened to Slim Dusty (My Dad like country music, ok?)
64. Own five or more Australian movies or TV series
65. Sang along to Down Under
66. Have stopped specifically to look at an historic marker by the side of the road.
67. Eaten a 4'n'20 pie (Uh, I"m a vegetarian. And even when I wasn't, I was afraid to eat pies)
68. Surfed at Bondi
69. Watched the cricket on Boxing Day (On TV counts, right?)
70. Visited Hobart
71. Eaten kangaroo
72. Seen a quokka
73. Visited Canberra
74. Visited rainforests
75. Used a Victa lawnmower
76. Travelled on a tram in Adelaide
77. Watch canefields burning.
78. Used a Hills hoist
79. Visited the Olgas
80. Used native Australian plants in cooking
81. Visited the snow
82. Chosen a side in Holden VS Ford
83. Visited the desert (Insert depressing comment about the drought here)
84. Been water skiing
85. Read The Phantom
86. Visited Parliament House
87. Gone spotlighting or pig-shooting
88. Crossed the Nullarbor
89. Avoided swimming in areas because of crocodiles
90. Listened to AC/DC.
91. Called someone a dag
92. Voted in a Federal Election
93. Have been swimming and stayed between the flags
94. Had a possum in your roof (Yes, and the fuckers would KEEP ME AWAKE)
95. Visited the outback
96. Travelled over corrugated roads. (Again, AHAHA!)
97. Hit a kangaroo while driving (This applies to being in the passenger seat, right?)
98. Been well outside any mobile phone coverage (Dude, try getting reception at my parents place)
99. Seen an emu.
100. Have woken to the smell of bushfires
Judging from numbers, I am more Australian than lizbee, but less than purple_smurf
In other news, my iPod is being a nuisance, so it is going in to be fixed tomorrow.
Yes, I know this is my fault for dropping it.
Current Mood: busy
Current Music: "We are Australian" just came up on shuffle. Really.
Some of these are funny, though 53. Killed a Cane Toad made me laugh cause we had to dissect one once and it was still alive (brain dead but heart still working).
I actually own a hills hoist and victa mower :D
My parents own both.
...And now that I think about it, I need to highlight the vista mower one, because I remember having to mow the orchard at one point.
I have not only been to an outback pub, I stayed overnight at Barrow Creek
in 1996. It was fucking scary
But... uhm... how many of these questions would you have looked at Australians like they were crazy if they hadn't experienced it? I couldn't really fathom that some of them were serious questions...
Some of them are a bit "Are you kidding?"
Looking at the one's I've missed out on, most of them can be summed up with "Needs to do more interstate travel".
Things which should be added to the list: Inappropriatly dirty jokes.
An epic DO NOT WANT.
Welcome to the TERROR we Aussie have to live through it times.
It's not just outdoor toilets, either. *had a close call with a Huntsman once*
That spider is now dead and gone (and is the only one I've seen in this house - on the farm, there were a lot more).
Incidentally, I now keep a can of bug spray on my desk, just in case.
|Date:||December 9th, 2008 02:22 pm (UTC)|| |
I could get a decent score here even being Norwegian, hah.
Yeah, but you did live in Australia for a while (How long was that, anyhow?)
|Date:||December 10th, 2008 08:29 am (UTC)|| |
Three years at UQ. But I did a lot of touristy things Australians might not always feel a need to do, I guess. That ups my score.
Looking at things, My score would probably be a lot higher if I'd spent more time interstate. (Which is still touristy, I suppose)