March 25th, 2009
|09:50 pm - Check for a witty heading after I've had some sleep|
Y'know, I am starting to think that Wednesday must be the day that Uni goes mental. Or at least my life goes mental, anyway.
For example, today:
- I was stalked by a guy with pink hair. Well, I kept running into him all over Uni. And he kept saying hi. (Actually, I think I met him a few weeks ago. Can't remember who he is, though. Sorry, Pink Hair Guy.)
- We spent an entire 2 hour Psych lab discussing whether or not free will exists.
- We watched Star Trek: Voyager in German.
And English. And then Powerthirst ads and Saturday Morning Watchmen which all make me LOL madly.
- One of the hippy cafes at Uni has started selling epic amounts of Pocky. I have no idea why.
- I had an indepth conversation about if the Earthquakes in Melbourne are due to... whatever it is that is going on in Tonga. Or if the Gippsland is growing a mountain range.
- My tutor brought his dog to class again. It tried to eat my muffin wrapper.
- There is a religious bitch-fight going on on the back of the ladies toilet door in the Old Engineering Building.
Incidentally, I am somewhat sleep deprived on account of waking up at some ridiculous time and being unable to get back to sleep, so my perspective on such weirdness may be biased.
I was also reading Don Quixote for class
Current Mood: tired
When I was at uni there was a girl I'd run into about once a year who was always incredibly pleased to see me. And I had no idea who she was.
That happens to me surprisingly frequently.
Actually, it's more that I keep running into people I knew from school/the year I lived in college and while they look familiar I've forgotten all their names.
"- My tutor brought his dog to class again. It tried to eat my muffin wrapper.
- There is a religious bitch-fight going on on the back of the ladies toilet door in the Old Engineering Building."
These two cracked me up SO HARD. Thanks for brightening my morning. :D
I swear, every time I go that tute my life takes a turn for the epic weird. And I still dunno what to write about. Dammit.
Incidentally, University toilet doors have the greatest graffiti ever.
|Date:||March 25th, 2009 02:08 pm (UTC)|| |
There is a four year (meticulously dated) flame war over whether someone should or should not have stayed on for postgrad going on in the 8th floor toilet in the Library. I will miss that flame war when we get the new library.
There are some epic debates in some of the library toilets. Particularly the second floor, IIRC.
But yes, it's tragic when these get lost by paint-overs.
Star Trek Voyager in German sounds awesome.
It was ...strange. Though probably less strange for the people in the room who spoke German.
And that's what you get for not paying attention to language settings when putting DVDs in.
Religious bitch-fight? And I thought the John Medley discussion about the location of the clitoris was funny.
So, does free will exist?
Well, by the end of it people were calling each other monkeys, so...
Depends on how you define free will. And whether external influence is only current direct influence on a choice. Yeah, we weren't real decisive.