April 27th, 2009
|08:56 pm - Okay, who turned the weather settings to Really Fucking Cold?|
Things about today that I did not like:
- Melbourne Weather >:(. Yes, I know I should be pleased about the rain and all, but did the Melbourne Weather have to be so exceptionally... Melbourne Weather about things and thus be ridiculously cold for April? Seriously, I shouldn't have to rug up this much for another month or two.
- Take Home exam for Sociology. Admittedly, it's only 1000 words, but it's the principle of the thing. Though I hopefully have enough free time this weekend to get it all over and done with before next Monday.
- Also the part where I had to go to my stupid 9am Lecture to pick up said exam, on far too little sleep.
Things about today I did like:
- FOUL! In which Tristan shared his fascinating tale of why ANZACs are like Pokemon, at least according to certain school children, and this fabulously memorable quote:
"I swear people try to shave me in the night."
Also a whole lot of playing The Floor Is Made of Lava, which was great fun until my foot decided to start complaning. And all the people started leaving.
Things about today which produced mixed emotions.
- The new FMA episode. Not because it was bad - far from it, it was very, very good, and I am not arguing with those who say it was the best of the new show - but because it was the Nina episode. And thus produced a charming combination of sadness and horror and anger. Nina ;_;! Tucker >:(
...Yeah, that didn't exactly put me in the most cheery frame of mind.
At least I can get a good night's sleep tonight.
Current Mood: cold
Poor Nina :-( At least it's over now in this version, isn't it? Shou Tucker kept on coming back in the previous anime. I hope that's not happening here, because eurgh.Ed's characterisation was really great again there, too, as was Al realising what had happened (I feel extra sad for Al. He was such good friends with Nina - something beautiful might have happened had she managed to grow up normally).
(I don't know what it says about how I learned what little Japanese I know, but I could almost understand the confrontation between Tucker and Ed word for word when I watched the raw.)
I had completely forgotten Tucker lived in the last anime, that was so weird. And I really am glad Scar got him out of the way.
And yeah, the characterisation was great, especially Ed with his entirely justifiable rage, touched with his utter horror at how family could do that.
I waited for the subs, personally.
Watching the Raw doesn't mean one gets to see it much earlier, no. By the time I'd finished the raw, subs were out (that is ridiculously fast, btw). But, well, I do want to *improve* my understanding of Japanese, and watching first raws and then subs is a fairly decent way to do it. (Yes, I know, bad form learning Japanese from anime. But since I mostly want to know it to watch anime, does it really matter?)
Don't forget the horror/rage when Tucker implies he and Ed are the same. Ooooh... Scar almost didn't have to do the work, there.
He was thought to be dead for a long time in the first anime, but then he came back and things got progressively more horrific. I'm glad Scar nipped that in the bud, yeah.
That actually makes sense. I'm just too lazy with trying to bother to learn. (Also: Less downloading required).
Oh yeah, Ed was not happy with that comparsion.
Now I think back I can remember it. That was one of the old anime's stranger plot twists, I have to say.
ridiculously cold for April?
It's because we've got all the warm over here, on the other side of the globe. You could have some of it back. Really.
Yes. GIVE US BACK OUR WARM!
Ha! Well, as of this morning, it's sure not here any more. (Unfortunately, it seems to have taken its friends and relations with it.) If you don't have it back yet, I blame shipping delays.