Also, I totally called it in other post about FMA scanlations. They don't make things better at all. ;_;
I almost teared up at Gracia trying to protect Elysia. And all those characters we know, from main ones like Winry to randoms with repeat appearances. It's horrible and tragic, and after the freaking epic Nightmare Fuel...
Someone claimed they've read that the ending will contain something that goes against equivalent exchange, and God I hope so. I know the good guys will win, and that they aren't going to have an entire country die... but how many main characters will to bring the rest back? *stress*
Incidentally, my suspicion that FMA is going to end with 108 chapters is increasing. Because, well, this has to be the darkest hour before the dawn.
On a lighter FMA related note, there is this post, for all your inappropriately lulzy greeting card needs. (There are chapter 104 spoilers in the comments, though).
And the promo trailer for the FMA:B dub. Which starts in the US on Valentine's Day.
And, now for something completely different: A meme I yoinked from ypaladinofchaos.
Leave a comment saying, "COMMENT" and I will give you five words I associate with you. Then post about what they mean to you, along with this, at your journal.
My answers are:
- Bat!Suzaku: Tut tut, Yami, you said it wrong, it's . And it's all your fault, too - you just had to compare Suzaku to Batman when you were talking about your AU fanfic (Which I shall kindly pimp to the masses of my flist here), and I thus spent several hours giggling uncontrollably at the idea of Suzaku dressed as Batman. And trying to talk people into drawing it for me (With some success, even).
The sad part is that after I got over giggly hysterics of the idea, it actually seemed to make a bizarre sort of sense. (Zerozaku, for example, I think will be a bit more Batman - works with authority when they are fair, stoic and serious and not real chatty, ridiculously physically badass - then Lelouch's V style one)
- Suzaku/Lelouch/C.C.: It's because of this icon, right? But seriously, it's mostly that Suzaku/Lelouch relationship that is my favourite (however it is interpreted), and of the sort-of love interests Lelouch got, C.C. is the one whose relationship with him I liked most. (Yeah, I know word of God is that it wasn't a romance. I don't care; I'd rather ship Lelouch with someone he thinks of as an equal than someone he decides he should manipulate "for their own good".) And Suzaku and C.C. have that understanding of like minds. And then you get the entire Zero Requiem arc, which I love for all it could have shown more of their relationships with each other, in which these three people spend vast amounts of time working together, trusting each other implicitly to make things better, because they have so little left to lose. They're probably my three favourite of the Geass characters, working together for the one aim. How can I not love it?
- Australia: The land which is girt by sea. Because I've lived here all my life, and for all it's issues - and God knows there are issues here - I do love it. To be terrifically cheesy and rip off that Qantas commercial, no matter how many places I visit or where I go, I'll still call Australia home.
- TV Tropes: TV Tropes will ruin your life. Far, far too addictive for it's own good, and it is a sources of endless entertainment. Yeah, there are bits about it that bug me; it's a wiki, so anyone can edit, and it's got a lot of subjective opinions, many of which I disagree with entirely, and occasionally I find that certain sections that talk about fandom seem to distinctly under represent the female perspective of things
- Crack: No, not that sort of crack. More the kind that is implied by crack!fic, or, you know, the entire Silver Age of comics. Things that are just completely and utterly ridiculous. Because, while I like things that make me think seriously, and I like things that make me feel (being the soppy thing I am, this normally means "cry"), there are times when I just want things that are unashamedly silly. Because they are enjoyable, and fun and make me laugh. I probably overuse the word a bit - it's so useful for describing something addictive but not entirely serious - but still...
I can't imagine how dull it must be to live a life without a healthy dose of the absurd.