July 6th, 2010
|10:48 pm - Look, new people!|
So howdy there to all the new people who have added me from the fm_alchemist friending meme!
Drop me a line here to introduce yourself properly - because while friending memes might give you an outline of what people might be interested in, the don't always give the best idea as to who people actually are.
So: Introduce yourself, tl;dr about your favourite things, link me to introductory posts or profiles, ~theorise~ about what this new FMA movie will be, ask me questions about me, or just generally get some proper conversation going now that it's not actually the middle of the night in local time.
(Also, great excuse to show off new end of FMA icons. No, I'm not being gratuitous here at all *looks shifty*)
Current Mood: awake
Now, what does 'properly' mean to you? I honestly don't know how to introduce myself to anyone the right way. I do have an intro post here
that's kind of old but updated every so often.
Well, that sort of thing helps. ;)
It's more to get a general idea of what you are like. Just, you know, random chattiness.
|Date:||July 7th, 2010 05:14 am (UTC)|| |
Hey there! While I mostly lurk in fandom, I love to comment on people's LJ posts. Expect to see me every now and then. :P
Hmm I guess some questions that come to mind are:
1. What is your favorite food?
2. What other fandoms do you love?
3. How did you arrive to LJ?
4. Any future plans/aspirations/wishes?
Fine with me!
1. Ffff, I don't know. Can I be cliche and say chocolate or chocolate mousse? If we are talking actually meals, probably a vegetarian curry.
2. Huh, I actually answered this one on the meme! But always and forever are Harry Potter and Star Wars, the books of Terry Pratchett and Douglas Adams, and anime-wise I love Princess Tutu, Utena, TTGL and the Haruhi Suzumiya series. And I'm currently fangirling Code Geass. FMA is my main animanga fandom, though.
3. Back in my HP fandom days, in 2004, a lot of the Harry Potter fandom was moving over to LJ, including a couple of friends of mine. I decided to check them out, and start up an actual blog instead of just lurking on forums. And here I was!
4. Get a job. :/ Though that can wait until after my month in the States.
|Date:||July 7th, 2010 08:09 am (UTC)|| |
Oops sorry about question #2. That meme went so fast I could hardly keep up @.@
Chocolate is delicious regardless of cliche.
Wow you started off on LJ the same way I did! :) Haha didn't realize there was a huge migration at the time. Glad to know you've moved out of lurker status!
Good luck finding a job. Meanwhile hope you enjoy your time in the States. We're nice people for the most part. :P
Yeah, I remember when it had less than 50 comments, and I went back and now it's over 1000.
Very very true.
It wasn't so much a migration as the shiny new thing suddenly becoming popular - like what happened more recently with Facebook and Twitter.
Yeah, the US should be. Once I work out what to pack, anyway...