So, I really can't be bothered doing an in-depth review of HBP, as everything I have to say, I have either said, or has been said (and rather more eloquently) already.
Though I am planning on compiling some interesting HBP links - mostly fanart or fics - sometime soon.
And in other news...
5 ways I'm a dork:
1. I forced my parents into taking me back to Melbourne a week early, which I spent sleeping on couches, almost solely so that I would be in Melbourne when HBP was released.
2. After reading HBP, I spent approximately the next 36 hours doing very little except going online and reading everyone else's opinions, reviews, debates, fanfic ideas, fanfics, fanart, parodies etc.
3. I know the people on my LJ flist better than the people in the rooms next to me at college. And that includes the people on my flist who live overseas, and haven't even friended me back.
4. I spend more money on DVDs and books than I do on anything else. And yes, that does actually include clothing.
5. I invented my very own language, which I to this day have been still known to use on occasion. (Mainly when I am insulting people, or swearing, but still...) Oh, and I occasionally get inspired and do more work on it, so I have a notebook somewhere filled with notes, not only on the language, but the culture behind it.
Bonus! 6. I regularly spend time online rather than go out to parties, or to the pub. *shrugs* Hey, fandom entertains me, whereas parties...don't, usually.
I was tagged by fa11ing_away, but seeing as everyone on my flist and their dog seems to have done this meme, I won't bother tagging anyone else.
Also, I found this via flists:
| You scored as Severus Snape. Well you're a tricky one aren't you? Nobody quite has you figured out and you'd probably prefer it stayed that way. That said you are a formidable force by anyone's reckoning, but there is certainly more to you than a frosty exterior and a bitter temper.|
Your Harry Potter Alter Ego Is...?
created with QuizFarm.com
So apparently, as well as being like Darth Vader, I am also like Severus Snape.
You know, in the wake of HBP, I really don't want to know what this is actually saying about me...