August 19th, 2010
|10:07 pm - A very Melbourne catch 22|
- In order to ride the tram system, one - theoretically - requires a tram ticket.
- In order to obtain a tram ticket, (Australian) money is needed.
- In order to obtain Australian money, a trip into the CBD is required.
- In order to get into the CBD, one needs to ride a tram.
- Ticket inspectors are arseholes.
Current Mood: annoyed
|Date:||August 19th, 2010 01:59 pm (UTC)|| |
Yes, yes they are.
Some facts are undeniable.
|Date:||August 19th, 2010 07:19 pm (UTC)|| |
Borrow from a housemate? Walk?
Not walking to the CBD in the rain, thanks.
|Date:||August 19th, 2010 07:59 pm (UTC)|| |
They won't accept American dollars? What kind of backward nation is this that won't accept currency from the greatest nation God gave this planet! We commence carpet bombing at noon.
So, where should I hide out?
|Date:||August 20th, 2010 01:47 am (UTC)|| |
I thought New Zealand was the international safe house?
In order to get to Melbourne from the US, an airport is needed...they generally come with money changers...?
Possibly so. If you aren't given any time to stop at one, it's not a real lot of use.
Did they actually check? When I went to Melbourne, I bought a weeklong pass and no one ever checked my ticket.
On a very irregular basis, but yes they do. I'm just pissed, because it was the whole one trip where I couldn't have had a ticket, and hadn't been inspected for ages before then.