August 21st, 2005
|01:25 am - Just when you think you have seen everything...|
...You see a guy walking around the Melbourne CBD with a parakeet on his shoulder.
Also on the topic of random, Penny from my college had a dinner in her apartment tonight, for all the college vegetarians (so we didn't have to suffer from the boredom of having tofu YET AGAIN.) It wasn't at all bad, though we did have the rather interesting Pumpkin Soup.
It was green.
Bit of Bridget Jones moment there, apparently.
Also, whilst in the CBD (To buy a birthday prezzie for The Sister, who is coming down for the Discovery Day tomorrow), I found that HMV had some CDs for $10. So, I ended up getting Roll On, by The Living End and Permission to Land, by The Darkness.
The Darkness = brilliant. That is all I have to say.
Considering I never did it last time I was tagged by whoever, an update of the "Six Current Fave Songs" meme, compete with info from the mega song sharing of Friday:
1. Girl Anachronism, by the Dresden Dolls. Because it is has been my very favourite song for quite a while now, and that doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.
2. Flagpole Sitta, by Harvey Danger. Because I love this song, and have been looking for it for so freaking long. My many thanks to tinyteddiequeen for supplying it.
3. Ballad of Joss, by Bedlam Bards. It's a song! About Joss! And Firefly! *hearts altheas eternally for the link to this.
4. I Believe in a Thing Called Love, by The Darkness. Because you can't help but love terrible metaphors and guys singing falsetto. It's just...so...cool!
5. The Show Must Go On, from the Moulin Rouge Soundtrack. Because it is just so tragic and epic and beautiful. *sighs*
6. The Entire Charlie and the Chocolate Factory soundtrack. Because it has funky!Oompa-loompas, and is just so much fun to listen to.
63% amorality, 54% passion, 45% spirituality, 9% selflessness
|Faith is a powerhouse, and you might be, too. Passion-driven, down-to-earth, and willing to do what it takes to get things done and have a good time doing them, she is tough and sexy. Now, this test didn't rate your sexiness, but with these kinds of traits, that's probably true as well. You rate as one of the most dynamic characters of the Buffy universe. Congratulations! |
|My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:|
||You scored higher than 99% on morality|
||You scored higher than 99% on repose|
||You scored higher than 99% on spirituality|
||You scored higher than 99% on selflessness|
Faith. Huh. Didn't see that coming.
Hey, I don't ming tofu. But having it EVERY SINGLE NIGHT is not fun.
|Date:||August 20th, 2005 11:18 am (UTC)|| |
Interesting. Felt the urge to kill anyone recently?
Well, not severely, anyway.
Bah. So sick of the darkness. Heard their songs before they started playing them everywhere, and got sick of them. Then they started playing them everywhere. Arg!
But they are so much fun.
And because I don't listen to commercial stations, I didn't actually hear a lot of them.