March 16th, 2006
|11:52 pm - La El Jay Scrapbook|
In lieu of the whole not posting particularly regularly that was going on in the Dark Ages of Dial-Up, I have a whole lot of random stuff that I never got around to posting.
So, I think I shall collect up some of it, and put it up here now.
- I have quit the Comedy Club telemarketing job, and gone and gotten...another telemarketing job. At least this one has an hourly rate, rather than being entire on commission, though. And it's in Carlton, so very handy for Uni.
- Carrying a pink, fluffy beanbag along 3 and a half blocks of Collins Street is utterly hilarious. But it is so worth it for being able to sit on the beanbag on the tram ride home.
The beanbag has also been dubbed "Tribble". Just so you know...
- You know a class will be interesting when the lecture finishes off with "May the Force be with you."
- The other day I ran into Georgie Cole in the Ladies at the Redmond Barry building. As in Georgie, the girl I used to go to school with, and haven't seen since Year 11. I didn't even know she was at Melbourne Uni.
- And here the whole "small world" thing gets creepy: I was sitting on the jam-packed busy tram, when the girl sitting next to me asked if I was from Hamilton. And then asked if I was Melissa.
While I was WTF-ing, I discovered that said girl was Louisa, the bitch queen of my ballet classes, whom I haven't seen since I was 13. I wonder what she thought of me, purple hair and all.
- Also, of all the songs in the world to get stuck in your head, "I Am the Very Model of a Gallifreyan Buccaneer" has got to be one of the most cracked out. Especially when you get the urge to start singing it during work.
- According to fa11ing_away, my new top is "a hideous pattern, but so [me]." I don't know if I am offended by this or not. (Said top is a sort of rainbow thing with some black and yellow spots. Err... you have to see it really)
Some Random Quotes:
ranorith: "I think the main benefit of culture of any sort is that you understand The Simpsons more."
An overheard lab class: "You may have to join with them in a threesome."
You may need to take many pictures of said top...
Well, I did
say I'd get onto it.
One of it on it's hanger:
I like it. And polka dots are very 'in' this year.
It is teh coolies. *loves*